This is a collection of images related to the Kawafuku Restaurant in L.A.'s Little Tokyo. The restaurant was opened on Weller Street in 1923 by Takichi and Hana Kato. It later moved to 204 East First Street. Following World War II, Tokijiro Nakajima took over the restaurant. However, the Kato's son Mitsuo, known as Jack, opened another restaurant in Little Tokyo with his wife Masako. This was the Daruma Cafe at 123 S. San Pedro Street, a popular Little Tokyo spot during the 1950s and 1960s. The Little Tokyo Historical Society has posted these photographs on behalf of Masako Kato.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 License
Album Typefamily history
lthistory — Last modified Mar 03 2010 8:28 p.m.